Lead Information Architect
- Conduct user research and competitive analysis
- Participated in the collaboration of ideation and feature development
- Sketched wireframes, created tappable and interactive prototypes.Deliverables:
- Weekly progress reports
- Annotated wireframes and user flow
- Final presentation to stakeholders
Having talked with a variety of subject matter experts and users my team and I then distilled all the information we had gathered through affinity mapping to find trends, uncover mental models and identify problems.
We wrote several design principles to check our ideas against. Among them were:
- The app should be simple and easy to navigate
- The number of steps should be reduced by at least three.
- Make the experience approachable, practical, trustworthy
- Gain meaningful data to determine success of project
Ideate / Prototyping
As lead user experience designer on my team I facilitated a variety of activities to help my team ideate on the various problems we identified. We began by creating user scenarios to imagine what it might look like for a user to interact with the app throughout their day.
Sketching and Wireframes
I also facilitated time-boxed ideation sessions where my team and I sketched ideas and wireframes for various features and flows of the app.
I drew out my wireframes by hand first, asked for feedback from team mates, others in the open office space, and potential users. Ideas were then iterated upon considering the feedback I received.